Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

19 Week US and a Birthday


Here are the most recent profile shots of the boys from our 19 week ultrasound and perinatology appointment. They are all looking good! There was not any sign of trip-to-trip transfusion :) Dr. L was very pleased.

A certain patient may have gotten her hand slapped a bit though, I was like, Ben was "telling on me" to the Doc. I guess it's not good to be in as much pain as I am by the end of the day and my body telling me to slow down.  I am suppose to start listening! Now that the nausea is gone I have been back to leading busy days at work and not shortening my days or time on my feet as much as Dr. L would like me to. The hardest order to follow is that I am not to pick up or carry Brody anymore! I am lucky that he has been ok with holding my hand more lately, but he doesn't quite get my restrictions (although he does love to give my belly and the babies "raspberry kisses").

It was rather funny when I returned to work after the appointment and was updating some of the Drs that are at my clinic.  They said I should get a recliner in my office, stay off my feet as much as possible, make people come to me, and use the phone more rather than my feet. That all sounds great in theory...  I just need to train myself, as these are hard habits to break! About 30 minutes later I went to the break room to fill my water and on autopilot decided to take a lap around the clinic and check-in with everyone (something I usually do multiple times a day).  I was rounding the back hallway thinking to myself "this is probably one of the things I shouldn't be doing".  Of course I run in to one of the Drs and she asked what I was doing so far away from my office.  I replied sheepishly that I wanted to check-in on the machines and she yelled back in passing "just call them"!!!  I am lucky to have such great friends at work who genuinely care about my well being and support my adjustments that will hopefully enable me to make the long haul.


I also had my 29th Birthday yesterday and Thank You everyone for the well wishes, I felt the Love!!! I had a full day of meetings and such at work so I was happy that Ben got some great take-out and a YUMMY cake.  All I had to do was eat and relax with my feet up.  It was just what I needed! ;) I am lucky to have 2 boys at home who love me so much!I will be blessed to have 3 more in my life!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. omg..the most previous post ever!!!! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing well Brooke...but please do take care of yourself!! Boys are looking great and they have us thinking of this old lullaby! We are looking forward to seeing BBB....& Wynken, Blynken, and Nod!


    Wynken, Blynken, and Nod (Dutch Lullaby)
    by Eugene Field (1850-1895)

    Wynken, Blynken, and Nod one night
    Sailed off in a wooden shoe---
    Sailed on a river of crystal light,
    Into a sea of dew.
    "Where are you going, and what do you wish?"
    The old moon asked the three.
    "We have come to fish for the herring fish
    That live in this beautiful sea;
    Nets of silver and gold have we!"
    Said Wynken,
    Blynken,
    And Nod.

    The old moon laughed and sang a song,
    As they rocked in the wooden shoe,
    And the wind that sped them all night long
    Ruffled the waves of dew.
    The little stars were the herring fish
    That lived in that beautiful sea---
    "Now cast your nets wherever you wish---
    Never afeard are we";
    So cried the stars to the fishermen three:
    Wynken,
    Blynken,
    And Nod.

    All night long their nets they threw
    To the stars in the twinkling foam---
    Then down from the skies came the wooden shoe,
    Bringing the fishermen home;
    'T was all so pretty a sail it seemed
    As if it could not be,
    And some folks thought 't was a dream they 'd dreamed
    Of sailing that beautiful sea---
    But I shall name you the fishermen three:
    Wynken,
    Blynken,
    And Nod.

    Wynken and Blynken are two little eyes,
    And Nod is a little head,
    And the wooden shoe that sailed the skies
    Is a wee one's trundle-bed.
    So shut your eyes while mother sings
    Of wonderful sights that be,
    And you shall see the beautiful things
    As you rock in the misty sea,
    Where the old shoe rocked the fishermen three:
    Wynken,
    Blynken,
    And Nod.

    ReplyDelete