Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

More calorie talk

Now that the nausea is at bay, I have been finding myself craving foods that use to be my staples but have been ignored the last few months. I went through Starbucks last week and got the protein plate and a half-caff latte, it was SO HARD for me to not order a skinny vanilla latte! I actually felt weird when I ordered a pumpkin spice latte, I didn't say "non-fat" or "only 3 pumps please" like I normally would if I was being wild and  not ordering my normal skinny, but I couldn't resist saying "no whip," I still think some things are just unnecessary, even if I do need the calories! I will probably change my mind as I get more accustomed to this new way of ordering :) (I am almost beside myself thinking about ordering a eggnog latte next month without saying "cut with skim please"!! WAIT- I can have eggnog, right?? If it's steamed? It must be ok!...right??)

I had another "experience" at the salad bar at my work today. Kaiser has a big salad bar that has many healthy choices to help us THRIVE! It was a staple for me pre-pregnancy, I would get a nice spring lettuce and spinach mix and top it with sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, beets, grape tomatoes, scallions, pickled peppers, garbanzo beans, and light balsamic vinaigrette...it was delish! When I craved a salad for the first time for lunch today I knew I had to alter it in order to help me cut away at the 4,000 calorie goal. It ended up something like, lettuce, chicken, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, eggs, garbanzo beans, black olives, pickled peppers, sunflower seeds, and....full-fat ranch!! For as many years and times through a salad bar as I can remember, I can't recall ever choosing full-fat dressing of any kind, I am sure I did as I know light dressings have not always been so commonly around and I haven't always been so picky!

That said, I think my Mom really enjoyed cooking for me last week, I wasn't hovering to see if she was going to add cheese or butter to the veggies, etc.

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be the same after this experience!!

5 comments:

  1. hahaha!!! you're hilarious!

    love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a time way back when... we used to go to BK every day and order a junior whopper meal fries and all. Maybe I should fly out there so we can go have one of those together. That has to get you close to the 4000 calories right????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to comment on that same thing April! I think we dipped our fries in ranch too ;) Yes, come out...but I will need to get the regular whopper this time! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't lie, Brookie, you know you're going to order the DOUBLE whopper! hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eggnog with whip, girl! And don't forget all the calories in their cakes and scones. Pack it on now, because it will get harder in about 8 wks or so! That's when you'll pretend that your Boost shake is a yummy Starbucks drink!

    But seriously, it is VERY hard to wrap your mind around these changes. I remember when the dietician told me NO veggies unless totally smothered in sauce. Yuck! On the bright side, this will be the ONLY time in your life you can or should eat like this!

    ReplyDelete