Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just gave my baby a kiss!

He is out of surgery stable and only missing 16cm of his bowel. There is more bowel that looked sick but not necrotic so they are hopeful that it can heal medically. This is not the best case scenerio bit FAR BETTER than the worst case. We are so grateful for Dr. Z and his team for their exquisite care! 

He still has to be watched very closely for health of the remaining bowel and many other factors and we can expect him to still possibly get more sick before improving. He has 2 stomas of bowel exposed through his abdomen that will still have to be surgically attached and put back inside at some point. We have a very long road ahead of us but we are extremely happy with the progress that was made in the OR. 

Praise God!!

Sent from my iPhone

15 comments:

  1. Thank God! Know that you are not alone as you look down that long road. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO EVAN!!! Evan is a strong little guy and will fight his way through this. We are thinking of you often and sending lots of prayers and hugs.

    xoxo - april,jer, and brynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm officially stalking your blog ! We hope to continue to hear the good news on Evan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the help of all the prayers, ONE(Evan) has a chance to begin his recovery! Continuing to keep ONE and all of your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following your blog since you were about 16 weeks along in your pregnancy. I love reading it. It has always brought a smile to my face. Just wanted to let you know we're praying for Evan.
    - Camilla Clark (Utah, via my daughters account ))

    ReplyDelete
  7. yayayayayayyaayyayyayyayayayayyyayayaay! xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoox love you guys so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many of our friends are praying for you in MN. We continue to hold Evan and your entire family up to the Great Physician. Much Love, Joy, Pete, Thor and Annika

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear it! Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad Evan made it through surgery ok. As a fellow mother with a triplet son in a Children's Hospital ICU recovering from surgery (heart, not bowel),I can sort of understand how you may be feeling. I hope his recovery goes smoothly and that he doesn't experience many set backs. They can be so disheartening. I don't have much time to get on the internet these days, but I'll be popping in to check on you all. I'll keep the 6 of you in my thoughts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness! That little squeaker is a trooper! Looking forward to more and more improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise God!! We continue to pray for little Evan and your whole family. Please let us know if we can do anything to help. Everyone at IRO has been so worried about Evan. We miss you and think about you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy that little Evan did well in surgery. Now lots of hugs and kisses as he recovers from all this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Brooke - I came here from the email to FHM ( and am waiting to sign up on the care calendar =) )

    I've been praying since I saw your email about Evan's surgery and am so pleased to read this post! Praise God!! May He continue to bring wisdom to the doctors and healing to your sweet boy!!! I will continue to pray for strength and comfort for you and your husband, and look forward to reading more - and hopefully meeting you at some point when I bring a meal or come to feed some babies!!!

    Blessings,
    kendra

    ReplyDelete