Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Evan update

Thank you all for your outpouring of love and prayers, we need it now
more than ever. I can't begin to tell you what we have been through,
but will definately have a book if I ever have the time to write it! I
may be able to provide quick updates from my phone while I am
utilizing the "pumping room" so I can send some milk home for my other
babes that I miss so much!

Evan has been initially diagnosed with a very severe case of
necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC). And yes, it was probably missed on
Sunday in the ER, but let's not go there right now. If able to be
treated medically he will require 2 weeks of a lot of IV antibiotics
and will probably get worse before better. They have prepared us for a
possible ventilation as well. If this causes his bowels to perforate
survey will be needed asap so they are keeping a very close watch. He
is in radiology right now looking for a more severe condition of
twisting of the bowel as they want to rule that out as well, I am glad
that they are continueing to look and not settle with NEC right away.

Grandma Sharon is flying in tomorrow morning for some initial help. We
have great friends right now helping out with the boys as I needed Ben
here for support for a few hours. Thank you all!!

Xoxo, B

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. You HAVE been through so much, I'm so sorry! It's obvious you are such a good mom and have sacrificed a lot. It's wonderful that you are still pumping since Evan will need your liquid gold more than ever now. Your family will continue in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for the updates.

    Is Evan at Dorenbecher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep Baby Evan and his family in my prayers and thoughs. Let;s trust.

    ReplyDelete