Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Looking back....

is always so much easier than living through it! I had my 6 week post-partum appointment today and I got pretty emotional on the ride to the clinic. I have (now) such fond memories of the great care I received during my pregnancy. I had a little "family" that I started to see every week for quite some time and then I saw Dr. L and her partners everyday for the month I was in ante-partum. It's not that I was ever unhappy with my care, it was just a very high risk pregnancy that caused a lot of stress followed by many uncomfortable days towards the end. When I was pregnant all I wanted was for it to be all over; and now, looking back, all I can think about is the incredible experience I went through and question whether I knew that at the time. I think I felt the same way after I had Brody, that being pregnant wasn't that bad!! I guess that's why women like me who don't especially like being pregnant decide to do it all over again- because after birth we completely block out all of the negative memories that were once all consuming, ha!

I guess the purpose of this post is to thank everyone who had a hand in my care and saw me through the most difficult experience of my life (to date)! I am so fortunate to have had such a great Dr with a fabulous support staff that it makes me sad that I won't get to experience it all ever again. It was both the longest and shortest experience of my life.

**Ben, please don't have a heart attack when you read this- in NO WAY does this mean I want to have another baby!! I am just hormonal and nostalgic today, heehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment