Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

30 Weeks!

We made another HUGE milestone!! and it feels good :) Something about 30 weeks makes me more at peace being here (if I keep saying this maybe I will feel it too..but really, I would rather be HOME!!!!)....just waiting for the big day. Of course we want to keep on truckin' along, but I also believe that the path is already laid and they will now come when they are suppose to. But if labor does start within the next couple of weeks again they will put me back on the Mag to try and squeeze an additional day or two out, also for the fact that the Mag helps with the babies brain development.

It has been a while since I have posted (sorry!!), I have good OK days and I have less than OK days. Yesterday was not-so-good. It seems my body was getting use to the Procardia and I was no longer able to keep the contractions to less than 5/6 an hour so we switched to Terbutaline to mix things up a bit. The switch made me feel pretty crappy but I am happy to report that I feel much better today. The boys have looked great on every non-stress test (minimum of 2/day) that we have done, the RNs say they are their favorite patients! I am well taken care of here by a great nursing staff and wonderful doctors, I couldn't ask for more.

We have been lucky to have constant support over the last 2 weeks. Initially by my brother Alex and his girlfriend Rachel who spent their Christmas between our house and the hospital when I was at my worst. Then my Aunts Debby and Cathy came down from Washington for 5 days and were a huge help!! They washed baby clothes (and more), cleaned up a lot of gear/car seats, loved Brody to pieces and made some really yummy dinners for us!! And now, we are blessed to have Grandma Sharon here since last Thursday, taking care of her baby and her grandbaby (and the husband too!) Grandma, Ben and Brody spend a lot of "shifts" visiting me which really helps get my mind off of this "room", even when we just sit and do nothing :)

My last "official" day of working remotely is tomorrow, so I should be up to posting more frequently- even if they are just to tell you that I am still pregnant :)

Here is a pic Ben took a week ago, although we all think I definitely had a "growth spurt" the past couple of days so I will have to have him take another.....and I am happy to report that I still have avoided stretch marks, YAHOO!!! (Not that they are bad or anything,  I just think it would be pretty impressive to pull off!)


                                                           What a beautiful backdrop!!

Brody is such a good boy when he visits, I love it! He just plays all around the room and takes time out to also cuddle with me in bed. He is such a ham when it comes to the staff here too, they just eat him up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I hope someone will take professional pregnancy photo's for you, you look amazing! Such a happy post~your excitement is truly felt in your words. LOVE the photo's of your big boy Brody~what a fun surprise the reality of having three little brothers will be for him :)So happy your family is there with you all~being a Grandma myself, I can just imagine all those arms preparing to snuggle G'Babies. :)

    Thank you for sharing your truly amazing miracle, with all of us out here in blog-world. I'll be in Portland next week and will wave lots of 'happy pregnancy, birthing dust' your way, as well as continue to keep you all in my prayers. (((HUGS))) G'Ma~Rella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you a lot, Brooke. So happy to read this post and hear how well you and the boys are doing. Your honesty and up-beat attitude is awesome! (even though I know that some days are better than others). Making it to 30 weeks is such a relief! Keeping you all in my prayers. ~ Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you avoiding stretch marks! That's some crazy mommy magic you have.... I had BAD stretch marks with Hunter starting at 30weeks. But I guess it was my own fault for not lubing up my skin enough. Keep going lady! Whoohoooo!

    ReplyDelete