Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Updates

The easy one- Mommy is doing well! I am getting around, yesterday a bit too much as my legs are pretty swollen this morning, but I got 4 boys to take care of!! My time is either spent in the NICU or resting in my bed, so I am following Dr orders ;) Ben is a pro at baby cares and is teaching me the NICU ropes, he is the best Daddy!! Uncle Tyson has been amazing taking care of big bro (T calls him "bubba" it's too cute) Brody. Unfortunately he is also experiencing a fussier side of B as this new (temporary) schedule is really throwing him off. We hope to get B into the NICU soon to meet his brothers, but we have shown him pics and he already shows favoritism towered Riley, too funny!

Baby A/1/Evan: doing great! Still the biggest of the boys, but down to 3lb11oz, which is normal. Is under bili-lights for jaundice (to be expected), being weaned off of the CPAP breathing assistance, and getting 5ml feedings that he is able to partially keep down. Evan likes attention and isn't afraid to tell us about it!

Baby B/2/Payton: needs some support and prayers! Payton has had the most difficulties breathing since birth, although he was doing so much better yesterday afternoon and impressing everyone, he did take a few steps back last night. We went down at 8pm thinking we were going to be able to hold him for the 1st time after Ben did his baby cares, but he ended up with some blood being suctioned from his lungs and Dr. R (awesome neonatologist) and NP Dawn having to put him on a ventilator and is now critically stable. Dr. R is optimistic that this is all due to premature lungs and not something worse, we should know more as he monitored closely today.

Baby C/3/Riley: doing awesome!! He is our lil guy but has the most fight! When I called to check in on them at 5am (I figure if I am up to use the bathroom I might as well call their nurses to get a report ;) ) they had told me he had been off of his CPAP for a couple of hours already and was doing great! I could hear him chattering in the background, we couldn't decide if he sounded more like a goat or a horse! I am hoping when we see him this morning he is still off of it, that would be so great!

OK, I am getting anxious to see them all just sitting here typing this, so I must sign off :) We have missed a TON of phonecalls but appreciate the voicemails and your understanding that it may be Spring 2012 before we are able to return the calls, haha!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! So happy for all of you! We're praying for all of your sweet babies, especially Payton!
    Take care of yourself. This is a CRAZY ride now and you'll need to remember to eat, drink and sleep! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I/We are praying praying praying for all of you.

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete