Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 27....UGH

For those of you that are fellow triplet Moms-to-be reading this, if you are looking for inspiration you might want to stop reading now! I have definitely been having a "poor me" phase the last couple of days :( I am hoping that I can get out of this funk soon and it's not here to stay. I did go back and look at baby pictures of Brody today and at least had some happy tears, which was a nice change from the I-am-about-to-crack tears I have been having the last 36 hours or so.

Things that originally (say during the initial 3 weeks) use to not really bother me and I could overlook are now over the top irritating/frustrating/depressing/etc. Just to name a few:

1) THE FOOD SERVICE (besides the food being yucky and loooong delivery waits, they can't even get the orders right!)
--I ordered a toasted English muffin as part of my breakfast yesterday, they forgot to toast it. This may seem like nothing, but when you really don't want to order anything ANYTHING off of the menu because you have had it all and it is all mostly awful but you order anyways because you need to feed the babies, it is a really big let down when you don't get what you ordered (an hour later!) Fast-forward to lunch, still in a funky mood, again not feeling like anything on menu (I did know that my Ben and brother were bringing pizza for dinner, so I figured I better get some protein since breakfast was bust). I chose the Asian Noodle Salad with Grilled Chicken, I figured at the very least I would get 3-4oz of grilled chicken down. The tray was delivered and when I sat up and took off the cover I searched the salad and could not find a trace of chicken- they forgot it!! This instantly brought tears, I hate having no control of most everything! I called the menu line for the first time reporting the mistake (I usually overlook food-related mistakes once every-other-day and I don't even order all my meals from here, thank goodness!!). I sat on the edge of my bed and tried to pull myself together before the delivery person returned, about 20 minutes later. The chicken finally came only for me to realize that they sent a spoon instead of a fork with my salad! The tears came back and I think I scared the poor delivery guy, he panicked and found a small plastic fork from one of the nurses. I couldn't help myself, as he was leaving I muttered "You know I have been here for almost a month and this is getting really old, they didn't get my breakfast right this morning either!" The nice guy took some notes and said he would make sure my tray was checked from now on. We will see how that goes, I haven't tested it yet as Ben brought me breakfast (more about that in a bit) and I ordered something they couldn't screw up for lunch: cheese and crackers and a vanilla shake.

2) WI-FI
--Seriously, for a long timer and someone as addicted to the Internet and my iPad as me, a bad Wi-Fi connection is beyond annoying. Other people have had to have complained about this before?? I usually give up with a huge sigh and throw my iPad. I have a separate Verizon wireless card that I can use on my laptop (thank you KP-IT!!! You could teach Prov a thing or two!) but it is not as accessible, as I need to actually sit up to use my laptop, which is not the easiest, hence the less frequent blog posts.

3) TV REMOTE CONTROL
--It just plain sucks.

4) DVD REMOTE CONTROL
--Wait, there isn't one, you have to get out of bed and use the buttons on the TV. I have not watched one DVD without Ben being here (we had a "date night" and watched The Social Network, it was sweet).

5) LAB DRAWS
--Lab results only take 30 minutes for the Dr to get (I asked) but yet they come between 5 and 7am even though my Dr rounds at 9am at the earliest, usually much later. Some of the lab techs are thoughtful and turn on minimal lights and try not to fully wake me, while others turn on every light and talk to me like it's 4pm. Don't they get the hint that I am not interested in small talk when I don't even move my eye mask to look them in the eyes??

I will stop at 5 so that maybe I will have some motivation to post again in order to continue my venting ;)

The babies continue to be FABULOUS! We are truly grateful and appreciative of this. Mom continues to be stable most days and in a gray zone every few days. The gray zone is an annoying zone, kinda like a roller coaster of emotions too. Take this morning for example, they held my breakfast after seeing my labs (except for platelets, they weren't back yet) just in case I had to deliver today due to worsening preeclampsia. My Uric Acid is very high, which isn't worth delivering over by itself, but I have also had a headache since yesterday and they were afraid my platelets were going to come back drastically lower and those 3 combined would have probably called for a delivery. I called Ben and told him the scoop so he jumped in the shower and was on his way. Well, my platelets came back stable (still low, but haven't changed over the last week) so they started a 24 hr urine collection on me (again, ugh) and told me I could have breakfast as today was not the day (great news, but still an emotional roller coaster in my condition). I called Ben and luckily caught him on his way and he brought up breakfast, thankfully this averted another meltdown ;) (I do also still have a headache, but extra-strength Tylenol makes it more dull so they are much more comfortable with this)

OK, need to lay back down before the boys get here...I need to be able to sit up to play "cars" with my Brody for a few minutes, so I need to rest up!!

5 comments:

  1. awwwwww! vent away, sister! we love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With what you have been through, you are doing amazingly well! You and the trips and the big boys will all be in our prayers daily. Looking forward to being with BBB+3 in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I've said before...you are amazingly strong. You don't have much longer before the boys arrive and you can settle back in at your sweet house with your sweet family...oh and wish you could get some sweet sleep! hahaha! love you tons! can't wait for the boys to arrive! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I forget how awful the last few weeks were and fondly remember how easy it was to take care of the trips, when all I had to do was lay there and stare at something mildly interesting. The end is in sight, I know it feels like eternity but you're so close and even though it may not feel like it you are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you! I praise God that you have made it this far with those little guys still cooking! Keep venting. It feels good sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete