Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Almost 11 pounds of baby!!

Yep, 10lbs 15oz to be exact! (Well, exact as an US can get) We had our 30 week 4 day growth scan yesterday and we are the talk of the L&D floor with the weights of our boys :) A and B are both each 3lb12oz (82nd percentile) and C is doing great at 3lb7oz (65th percentile). The scan also showed them all doing their "practice breathing" so we really couldn't ask for anything better!! We were quite relieved after this scan, but know that each day at Mama's Inn will allow them such a better start to their new life outside.

As for Mom, I am hanging in there...at times, barely! Today is my 20th day, not that I am counting or anything. My contractions have been quite manageable the last week as long as I am lying down and taking my meds. I have a feeling my dropping platelet count or increasing protein might cause delivery and not a baby health scare (both platelet and protein are abnormal right now and trending, but at least not doing so drastically everyday). I am sitting up right now because my back is killing me, but I think that is more than likely due to my constant horizontal position and not labor brewing up.

I have met about million nurses during the last 20 days, and of course have my favorites, but am always well taken care of. The one nurse that had me over the weekend told me that I needed to start acting out so that she doesn't have to fight for me when she comes back next week. Apparently I am one the favorites (not bragging or anything ;) ) but it is probably due to the fact that I am pregnant with identical triplets that none of them have delivered before! Or because I have the cutest lil boy that they like to be entertained by. Or probably because I have a super sweet Husband and Mom that have been taking turns taking care of me and making the nurse's lives easier :) (Or Ben's charming personality and good looks that are now getting him homemade meals from said nurses!!)

I am pretty sure blood flow has been cut off to my feet since I have been sitting up writing this, so I must "resume my position!"

Brooke

5 comments:

  1. Brooke, I love reading your blog and think of you all the time! You are in my prayers!

    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 pounds of boys on 1/11/11! Keeping you and the family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking good thoughts for all of you down here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke.. I have had you on my mind for a while! How are you? Have your family in our prayers.... hang in there. Happy to read the great post above!! :) Hope you all had a decent holiday!

    ReplyDelete