Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Flashback

This time last year we had just recently welcomed our sweet Payton home from the NICU after 47 loooong days. We were finally at home with all 4 boys just in time to celebrate Ben's birthday! My Dad and Stepmom were out in Portland helping us and left on Ben's Birthday. That was it- we were a family of six surviving on our own on minimal sleep struggling with preemies that couldn't quite get the "trick" of drinking liquids so feeding times were long and drawn out involving the never-to-be-mentioned-again-product of Simply Thick. It was a heck of an experience! It's funny though, I am still use to them being "babies" so when I see their pictures they don't seem weird or old to me yet, but when I see pictures like this and my "big boy" Brody looks so young, I can't help but gasp at how fast time flies!!


March is a bittersweet month. We welcomed each triplet home from the NICU in March. Their "actual" due date was March 17th, even though they were already 8 weeks old! We experienced the "high" of surviving triplets and a toddler for about 2 weeks. March 27th was the beginning of the biggest fight and struggle of our lives so far as I spent the night with Evan in the ER. March 29th I was in the front seat of an ambulance terrified to even look back, afraid of what condition I would see my sweet Evan in. March 30th Evan underwent a high risk surgery that ultimately saved his life.

Now, that was a month of highs and lows!! Flash-forward 12 months later to the present month and we have so much to be thankful for! All 4 of our boys are healthy and were saved from suffering the awful nasty flu-bug that took out Ben and then I last week! A house of our OWN!! Friends and Family near and far!! Secure jobs! Did I mention, a house of our own!!! Ben got his birthday wish, we made it in our home :) Now tomorrow night when we celebrate we can sit back, relax and enjoy his favorite meal.....pizza ;) (after we get the triplets to bed of course, we all know there is no relaxing until that happens)

No comments:

Post a Comment