Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Updates!

We just finished up at our 23w6d (24 weeks tomorrow!!) appointment for my cervix check. Well, despite being very good for the last week my cervix still shortened again :( I was though, able to buy another week at home and not be admitted for the Holiday weekend. I am going to start taking Terbutaline regularly (when I was at L&D last week they just told me to take it if my contractions "changed") for the next week and continue with the bed rest. It's still not "strict" as I can get up for meals and such and the Dr also said if I was dying to get out of the house for a bit one day, I could do that too. My Mom on the other hand has given me her "orders" which are "lay, pee, lay, eat, lay, pee, lay, eat..." :)

The Dr covering for my regular Peri Dr was very nice! He explained a lot to us and made us feel comfortable with the next steps. Even though Terbutaline is very controversial as to if it really helps with pre-term labor or contractions, there is no harm in trying. Also, the boys again looked great! He was very happy with the measurements they took to look at the trip to trip transfusion, but reminded us that we are not out of the woods for that until 30 weeks.

Another change for us moving forward is that my wonderful Husband will be home taking care of me from now on. His entire clinic was laid off after today due to a company buy-out, with no future positions posted for most (including Ben's IT Admin position). It was not the news we wanted to hear given our current circumstance, but we have been focusing on the positive and now feel that this probably also happened for a reason! (Just like these trips, right!!?!?) If it comes to the point where I have to be admitted to the hospital I will be much more comfortable knowing that Ben would be available to bring Brody (and himself) to visit me much more than if he was working all day. There are many more positives but I won't list them all right now as to not overwhelm Ben with his "honey-do" list I have been making, heehee.

We send lots of love to all for a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brooke and Ben! I saw your blog link on your FB page and just checked it out today...congrats! I know we haven't really had a chance to get together that much, but if you ever need anything at all let me know...i mean it-if you need to run errands some day and need someone to help watch the little ones please call me!

    Ben-my company is still considering a new IT guy...it would be limited hours (basically we would call you when have we have a problem). Let me know if you would be interest and I will inquire on it.

    Have a happy turkey day!
    -Steph (Wolfe) Prange
    612-600-7690

    ReplyDelete