Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A couple of bruisers!!

We had our weekly appointment yesterday, this one was looong as they did the growth scan on all the boys as well. They decided to make it a confusing start for the US tech, as C moved from his cozy spot on my left side to my midline pretty much underneath Baby A. They were all head down too, it was the most confusing scan to follow so far! It turns out A and B are measuring in the 95th percentile (yes, compared to singletons!) B took the lead for now being the heaviest at 1lb15oz, A is 1lb11oz and our peanut C is 1lb8oz. Dr. L said C is "normal" and A and B are just a couple of bruisers!!

I am still having a lot of contractions and the meds they gave me last week did not stop them and just made me feel crazy so I got the ok to stop them (they aren't proven to stop pre-term labor anyway). The good news is that they are not making me dilate, so I am still at home! I will continue to go in at least once per week for now, more if anything changes, and be "ultra-conservative" (Dr's orders) until at least 28 weeks, which is the day before Christmas Eve! I can't believe it is just over 3 weeks away, CRAZY!! 28 weeks is our next goal, but we really want to go farther, of course, for the health of the babes! But also because adding a Triple Birthday to Christmas week would be crazy!!

Bed rest is much harder than I imagined, especially during the Holiday Season. I did get the ok to go out for lunch or something every once and while as long as I get dropped off at the door and I can go out shopping if I am in a wheelchair! HA! I think I will stick to on-line shopping :) I am not suppose to do any of these things daily and she still wants me to be down for the majority, but at least I can get out for a bit when I feel like I am going to crack.

Thinking about it, they really have the whole pregnancy cycle, especially for multiples, all backwards. For the first 16-18 weeks I would have LOVED to be on bed rest, I was SO tired and VERY sick that all I wanted to do was lay down. Instead you muscle through the day at work and then come home and try to be a good Mommy as well. Then, just when you start to feel better and get your energy back, bed rest is ordered!! I know what's next, at 28 or 30 weeks I will be doing great (hopefully) and I will be told that I can get out a little more. Right, because I am really going to be able to get around when I am the size of a house! Oh the joys :)

I don't really have any recent pics, Ben will have to take a 25 week pic for me to post tomorrow (or soon!)

Here are a couple of pics we did at the beginning of November during a fundraiser for the Full House Moms group (Portland's Multiples Org).


5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh these photos are sooooo cute!! i love you guys and brody. i'm sending you an invite to pinterest, it's a fun site to look through while you lie in bed. xooxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! So happy your little 'bruisers' are doing so incredibly well. You may be one of thse Mommy's who carries close to term~though you'll obviously get pretty big-in-the-belly~ better a house than a 'cabin'..right? ;) Thanks so much for allowing me to follow along, as your sweet family grows. What an amazing journey! Much love and prayers...G'Ma~Rella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the updates and the pics! Hang in there, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are holding up well! I felt the same way about wheelchairs and refused them as long as I could, but the rascals at Target are great. Although the backing up beeping made me feel like a cow.

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeay! I love the laughing picture of Brody, it put me in a much-needed good mood! It's great to hear the babes are growing and that they love to snuggle :) take care guys! love you all, 'bonk' Brody on the butt for me.

    ReplyDelete