Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

28 weeks...around the corner!

We didn't think this week would ever come, 28 weeks is on Thursday!! We had a great appointment this morning with a full growth scan on each trip. It has been 3 weeks since our last scan and they are a growin!

Baby A: was 1lb11oz and is now 2lb12oz! 88th percentile

Baby B: was 1lb15oz and is now 2lb11oz! 86th percentile

Baby C: was 1lb8oz and is now 2lb4oz! 59th percentile

All in all, they look great! A and B are still "big" and C is "average" so no concerns there. I was pretty happy last week when I didn't get the call that I failed my Glucose Screening Test, but I was informed today that I only passed by the skin of my teeth :( I was also happy that the fluids looked so good in each of their sacs today, but I guess maybe a little too good. They each have slightly above average fluid in their amniotic sacs and I guess that may also be contributing to my contractions. SO, given the high glucose and high fluids I have to cut my carb intake :( I am to go on a "diabetic diet", boo hoo!! She said I can splurge on Christmas and eat the cookies (what cookies?? I can't bake from bed!?!) but otherwise I need cut back to no sweets and only whole wheat. Since my "chef" is Ben, there is definitely going to be a learning curve! (He who has never watched what he ate or had to care about carbs, sugar, etc. doesn't exactly know what a diabetic diet is. He is bummed for sure that his go-to pasta-in-a-bag can no longer be his staple!!)

As for my cervix, it is still shortening. It's at 1.2cm now. Dr. L said that being at 28 weeks now, all that tells us is that I could go in to labor today, tomorrow or 4 weeks from now! We are hoping for the latter. The plan is to continue to monitor me weekly and if I start to dilate I will get admitted so they can start steroid shots and an IV of magnesium. I guess the magnesium may help with brain complications post delivery, but the side effects on Mom can be no fun for some. I am sure it won't phase me though, riiiight. Of course, if anything changes in between these appointments (stronger contractions, fluid leak, etc) I am to head straight in. I am happy that Dr. L is the Peri on-call over the holidays, she even gave me her pager number!! :) Let's hope that since I am armed with that it will be an uneventful holiday weekend.

If anyone has any EASY low-carb dishes you want to share with Ben, please do!!

Take care, Brooke

4 comments:

  1. Tuna cheese melt casserole for 1

    Ingredients:

    1 6oz can tuna
    1/4 cup celery, chopped
    1/4 cup mayo
    1/3 cup sour cream
    1 tsp mustard powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp thyme
    1/4 tsp dill
    dash salt

    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    1/2 tomato

    Drain the tuna. Mix together all ingredients but the cheese and tomato. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Now sprinkle on the shredded cheese and chopped up tomato half. Microwave another minute, then let stand a minute.

    Enjoy alone or with lettuce!

    Servings: 1
    Carbs per serving: 4g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bringing you cookies on Thursday! Great appt! Can't wait to meet you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allot has changed in your lives in the past year. Hard to believe that a year ago I was picking up a family of 3 at the airport.....and now soon...but not too soon....a family of 6!!! Best Wishes for a wonderful Christmas at your home! Wish we could be there to share in the gift of cookies that Angela notes above! Love from Dad & Mom Waind

    ReplyDelete