Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, December 24, 2010

Chrstmas!....in the hospital

Excuse my medicated typing...I am waiting for the RN to come back in and hook up the gazzilion monitors again. Here is the shorter version for now:

We almost made it at home for Xmas! I was having consistent contractions that the procardia didn't phase. I also emptied my bowels 3 times which in not normal for me, but was what happened right before I labored with Brody. I called the peri office and they had me come in right away. (3:30 on Thurs) They checked my cervical length with US and it was almost gone (was 1.2cm at Tues appt) and the funneling was so large Dr.K did an exam herself. She was unable to determine dilation because it was so soft and she did not want to rupture my bag. She said she was admitting me to start the IV Magnesium and steroids for the babes....

So here I am, not getting much sleep but after they had to increase the Mag ( the first dose only brought the cx from every 2 min to every 3. I think they are around 6 minutes now and less intense, so that's good! It looks like I won't be leaving here pregnant, but will hold on to every day I can!

Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers coming your way! Merry Christmas to you,Ben,Brody, & the 3 babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    Your positive spirit truly shines, you and Ben have worked together so hard to get to where you are today and I am so proud of the courage that you both have displayed. This is a tough journey and I do sent my prayers and best wishes to you, Ben , little Brody and A, B and C.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying for you and babies! Merry Medicated Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete