Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bout Time!

Are we bad parents because our boys don't get daily baths? Or even every other day?? We are actually lucky if Brody gets 2, maybe 3 baths or showers a week! The trips are about every 5-6 days! By the time we get home from work, feed everyone, play, get PJs and nighttime bottle (yep, haven't given that up yet), and the trips to bed- Brody usually doesn't want a bath and we don't have the energy to fight him! We usually feed ourselves (Brody has even started eating later with us) and let Brody watch a show or play a game and then it's time to tuck him in, 8pmish if we are lucky. If we have the energy we tackle a small project around the house, pay some bills, finish up any work related emails/tasks that we missed due to meetings or such, or crawl straight to the couch for some r&r of our own! Before I went back to work I was staying up until at least 11pm, I needed that much baby-free time to be ready to sleep- since I get that time now during the day I am ready for bed at by 9pm on most nights! Maybe I have told you this all before- sorry, why don't you let me know you're out there and what you want me to ramble about next! Anyone, anyone???

5 comments:

  1. Definitely not bad parents! We struggle to get our daughter in the tub every other day, I can only imagine what it will be like when our trips are here! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our three take baths twice a week - on schedule just like everything else we do. At 11 months now, we have thought about doing it more, but it is just so much work! Until they really start getting dirty, I think we will stick to 2 per week. What we are struggling with now is getting everyone's teeth brushed. They have started to bite my finger if I use the finger tip brush. And they don't open for the toddler brush. Any tricks? Oh, and when (if you have) did you take the bumpers off their cribs? Any issues?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys are amazing! I remember when the twins were babes and they would get bathes probably once or twice per week! We'd wipe them down as necessary after meals and that was it! I'm sure you're not alone. Plus, with Jasper's eczema, the fewer bathes the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me feel better ladies!

    As for brushing- we don't really stress about getting a "good" brush, in my opinion it's all about the practice. They're baby teeth so I figure I have time to get them good at it :) (Maybe a bad assumption, but oh well!)

    We never put the crib bumpers back on after "final" move about a month ago. I love how easy it is to change sheets now but hate that they loose their paci's through the slits now. They like to sleep with them so we just keep a pile on the dresser to replace them if they get too upset and then scrape the floors to find the lost ones every night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I was bathing the girls this morning and it dawned on me that I really was not postive when they had bathed last.....Easter I think :P My youngest loves to get in but I'm lucky to get my 3.5 year old in long enough to scrub her down. Don't feel bad about it at all :)

    ReplyDelete