Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

10 Month Not-So-Well-Check

The trips, Stef and I braved the cold and snow to take the boys to their 10 month well child check with Dr. C. It was a mini-reunion at the Ped's Office as we ran into my friend Jerica and her new sweet pea, Elias, as well as another triplet mom who just brought home the last of her trio from the NICU! He was OH-SO-TINY- brought back lots of memories :)  I can't wait to meet the other two! We didn't get to chat long as I was consumed with my sweetie, Payton....again.

I was anxious to bring the boys in today, I needed to make sure Payton's ear infections cleared up and get his weight checked (remember the last appt he had barely gained anything) and wanted to make sure E and R didn't have any infections to explain their craziness this week (nope- just colds). Well, I started to tell Dr. C about how Payton was sweating SO MUCH lately, in fact when we got him out of his car seat it was like he was drenched from a bath. He was in a snowsuit but so were his brothers and they were not wet at all. The Doc started asking questions like "He was the one with the open PDA at birth?" -Yes "Does he tire when he eats?" -yes, "Does he cough a lot?" -yes "Is he eating good but not gaining weight?" -yes!!! Worried-Mommy mode kicked in when he left the room to call the lab to have them come over for a blood draw. When he returned I asked him what he was thinking and he started out talking about possible anemia and then possible hyperthyroidism and that's why he ordered the labs. He then said he was going to send us down for a chest x-ray to check not only his cough but to look into congestive heart failure. WHAT!?!?!???!!! Mama-bear doesn't like!! My mind started going a bit crazy reverting back to Evan's peds appt when he was really sick and where that ended us up at (Payton was in no where near this condition, but scary nonetheless). I had to snap out of that real quick!

I am waiting to hear back about the labs tomorrow and hopefully the final read on the chest x-ray. We were also scheduled for Payton to have an echo-cardiogram on Monday (which is way to far away IMO!!) I am not going to go down any paths until we know anything for sure.......but it may be too late for that :(

Here is EPR looking so cute (even with their sad, cold-sick eyes) in their snowsuits :)




No comments:

Post a Comment