Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

amazing baby!

Today was Payton's echocardiogram appointment, with a few hiccups we managed to get it done. I was not informed of any prep or information regarding what to expect (the last time he had one he was in the NICU and circumstances were different) so we went in blind. I should have known when I was called 30 minutes before his scheduled time asking if I was able to reschedule- ummmmm, no- I have help set up for my other 3 boys and feel I waited long enough! Heck, my son may still have an open PDA or congestive heart failure, don't ask me if I want to wait! (Hopefully he has neither, fingers crossed for good results!) SO she said I could still come in but may have to wait a little bit. Well, 75 minutes after the schedule time we were finally called back. She had me undress Payton from the waist up and lay him on a an ultrasound gurney- similar to the ones I spent maaany hours on when they were inutereo! I casually asked how long it would take and was shocked by the answer: "oh, about an hour", WHAAAATTT??? You expect a 10 month old to just lay still for an hour!?!! Me- "Isn't there sedation or something to make this possible?" Her- "Yes, if this doesn't work we will do it with sedation. But we would have to reschedule since this wasn't set up as a sedation case." Ugggghhh!!!! I was not going to reschedule after that lovely waiting room wait!

All I can say is thank goodness I had Payton there in that room with me. I can honestly say that there is NO WAY Riley or Evan would have EVER EVER, EVER endured that exam without sedation. I am not sure there are many 10 month old babies out there that would- not without any forewarning or planning of what to expect. But not my sweetie Payton, he is AMAZING!!! He started out a little iffy, but settled down listening to my sweet nothings whispered in hes ear and his lovey covering his head and eventually fell asleep during the scan itself!! We made it through almost the entire exam, a little over an hour before he woke up for the tail-end because we had to change his position. This boy amazes me all.the.time!!!

 This is at the end of the exam- what a perfect patient!!

I was not told anything about what was or was not seen as the study was going to be sent to a Fargo Dr who reads Minot's peds cases. We see the pediatrician tomorrow for a weight-check, my fingers are crossed that the report will be back! Look at the cheeks on P, I think the increased calories in the formula are helping....again, fingers crossed!!

 Brody knew that Payton was at the Dr for the entire afternoon so he decided to invite the boys into his room for "a party in his city!" (his words) It turned into a surprise bday party for Daddy (not his birthday) and fun for all :)

Such a good big brother

No comments:

Post a Comment