Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

this time....last year...

 Here is me pregnant...27 weeks with the triplets :)

Here is me at 28 weeks....I thought we were home free for being at home for Christmas, I blogged about it here. Just a few hours after I posted that blog I called the Perinatology office (the day before Xmas Eve) to talk about my constant contractions. They wanted me to come in to get checked before everyone went home for the Holiday weekend. Ben and I were sure that all would be ok and we would be sent back home to follow more bedrest orders.....not the case! My cervix had shrunk completely and the "bag" was bulging. Off to the hospital I was wheeled, to start the awful Magnesium Sulfate IV treatment to stall the preterm labor and to get the boys started on steroids to help their lungs develop. At that point we weren't sure when they would be coming! Prayers were answered I was able to bake them another month :) What I wouldn't give to be in that hospital room being waited on for 30 days right now, haha!!

I was thinking about this time in our journey last night and smiled when I remembered all those that were there for us. Parents, Siblings, Aunties, and Friends! We were (are) blessed :) I also chuckled in my thoughts last night that I continued to "work" remotely from that hospital bed and all of the very personal bodily information that was shared about my "progress" with all over conference calls, hahaa! I had the best work family~ missing them so much right now!! I even once turned away a nurse who wanted to start the stress test ultrasound at one point because I was in a meeting via conference call~ she looked at me like I was c.r.a.z.y!!! But the work distraction helped me get through the long days and I am lucky they allowed me to do it.

Looking forward to enjoying our first Christmas with 4 boys!!! We are blessed!!

.....Here is a pic of Brody's first Christmas in 2008 when he was 3.5 months old- it was just the 3 of us out in Portland :)


No comments:

Post a Comment