Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Only makes us stronger

If that saying is true Evan is going to be Hercules when he gets
older. I haven't had the rounding team come by yet, but after talking
with nurses Evan is still making progress. He received another
diarrhetic at 4am and has been peeing a lot more. I also saw this
morning that he had some stool in his ostomy bag for the first time.
The surgical residents came by to check on him before rounds and they
confirmed that it was stool and he is showing us that his bowels are
starting to slowly work again. Respiratory was also just here this
morning and they say he is breathing much more on his own. He does
still need the vent however because his belly is still so swollen and
babies such belly breathers it makes it hard to get big deep breaths.

I hadn't seen him in person since Monday morning and Brooke warned me
of this, but his eyes are so swollen that it's hard for him to open
them. I couldn't get him to do it last night, but this morning he
struggled a little, but he did it and I got to see his little eyes
again. His night nurse said he did it for her too early this morning
so I hope we are through that and they will be less swollen when mom
sees him later today.

We have another busy day today so I don't know if I will get to be
here for all the rounds, but they will call later if not. P & R have
an OT appt at Kaiser that I am going to meet Brooke at. This is to get
them checked out and make sure they physically look good and answer
any questions we have. B is going to a friends house today to play and
we so appreciate all the support with Brody that we have had. I know
he enjoys it and loves to see his friends.

Gotta go for now.

Ben.

--
:) Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment