Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another good day

Evan had another good night/day! He is now up to 20ml every 3 hrs and
we give it by bottle once or twice a day. His stool now looks less
billious (word??) and more like I would think liquid baby stool would
be, nice huh (it will stay liquid since it isn't going through his
large bowel before exiting, his stoma is from his small bowel). I am
hoping to get more insight from the surgeons, but that might not be
until Monday since the wknd rounds usually are covering docs. I am
anxious to see if they will let us increase the amount a bit faster
since he is doing so well, can you tell I am ready to be done here!!?!
I am hoping they will do an imaging study at some point so we can see
his bowel and if there are any strictures that we should be worried
about and not just waiting to see if an obstruction happens. I am not
sure if this is part of the immediate plan or not, I have never asked
because I never thought we would get to tuis point! We have a lot to
be thankful for :)

We had our family of 6 together for the first time in what, 3 weeks
now?? Now that Evan is in the peds ward it is more kid friendly so we
brought Brody with us today as well. He had fun playing in the play
room and going for walks through the hallway, he charmed all the
nurses and talked to other kids who are patients here and were sitting
outside their rooms in red wagons- it was too cute! We also took a
family walk (w/o Evan :( ) and rode the OHSU aerial tram (google it if
your not from here, it's pretty cool!) Brody loved it and said we were
in a rocket ship. We all needed and benefited from the fresh air.

We did all this before 2pm! (what happens when your day starts at 6am
and you hve to be super organized to even get out the door.) We stayed
and did the 3pm feeding in Evan's room before packing up and heading
home for a bit. I think Ben and I closed our eyes for 20 minutes at
home before Ot was time for the 6pm feed. It was an exhausting day! I
am back with Evan in my arms and Ben is home with the boys and will
hopefully get some sleep tonight since we have night nanny help
tonight. Evan is so smiley for his periods of awakeness yesterday an
today- it is amazing and melts my heart! I hope Riley and Payton start
smiling at us soon too.

Here's to hoping for some zzzz's for all!

Xo, B

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Great update.....thanks for keeping us all up on Evan's progress! Grandma & Grandpa W

    ReplyDelete