Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yay for stool!

Of course I missed a major event when I went down to get the good
coffee, Evan started stooling! I have never seen so much happiness
about a brown watery filled sac. The fact that they needed to put an
ostomy sac on is a good sign I guess. This is the 1st stool I have
seen without blood since Tuesday so Mama is happy. I hope this means
that his bowel is doing a good job of repairing itself.

Morning rounds were more of the same, he isn't out of the woods yet
(far from it) but they are very pleased with where he is TODAY. They
said his physical exam may look the same as yesterday (his belly girth
is still big at 42cm) but his numbers look better. They have weened
his dopamine down from 10 to 6 and want it to 4 by end of day. I know
the surgeons will like that as I believe it will help the blood
perfuse his organs better (the dopamine has been helping keep his
blood pressure up). They are going to try and go down on his vent
settings if tolerated today but won't push it. They really won't be
able to see how well he can ween of the vent until his belly swelling
goes down and stops squishing his poor lil lungs. The good thing is
that his lungs aren't sick so when his gut gets better the vent should
be able to be weened quickly.

I was able to do some leg excercises with him and he gave me a few
googly eyes telling me he loves me :) I am patiently waiting for them
to give us the go ahead to hold him, not sure if I will be able to put
him down! When I go home to my other littles they look so tiny to me
again! I am glad they have a peds appt tomorrow so we can get them
weighed and make sure they are on track. We also have a 2nd swallow
study scheduled for P and R on Friday, maybe they will get to come off
the sludge!!

People keep thanking us for blogging to keep them posted and we thank
you for caring and praying!

Xo, B

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Yay for stool!
    We think of you guys all the time! We were there just a little over 2 months ago and know how scary it is, but we also know how resilient our amazing babies are :) Hugs and kisses to you all, especially that sweet baby Evan.
    Sending our prayers and love your way,
    Chad, Angie, Oliver and our sweet baby Palmer :)

    ReplyDelete