Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

One day down

It feels good to have made it through 24 hrs post-op without any major
complications. Evan's labs went up once today to keep our nerves up
but they have since come back down again. They are still not close to
normal but not in the surgery danger zone. His platelets are still low
so he did have some more transfusions throughout the day. He also had
a vascular ultrasound to rule out a blood clot in his left leg which
is swollen, it was negative thank goodness. Evan is very swollen right
and it pulls my heartstrings to see him like this so much! His poor
man-bag is like a tangerine! Ouch!! They said we can see about maybe
holding him tomorrow but hopefully for sure by Saturday. They do not
want any pressure on the stomas which they are watching very closely.
The hardest part for me is not knowing what is going on inside that
little belly and just praying that the bowel is healing and not just
resting or worsening.

We are very comfortable and confident in the care Evan (and us) are
receiving. There are many brillant minds here from the nurses to the
residents, fellows and attendings! I am finally starting to understand
the structure a bit ;) I love being around when they do rounds, it's
like watching Grey's Anatomy. And I love that they are 100%
transparent with all information and multiple people are available to
answer questions at any given time.

Ben got to visit the boy's Nicu today (not at this hospital) and bring
them a couple of pictures. We really miss the comfort of what we had
with everyone there but are very quickly getting adjusted here...we
just have a longer commute now. I still feel like we have a Nicu
"family" and know that they are all praying for Evan too! (one of my
antepartum RNs even offered to "watch the other 2 brats" for us, gotta
love K!) I know I have said this before but we really can't believe
the prayers, support and offerings we have received from so many,
words can't describe how much it means to us.

Big Bro Brody is loving his time with Gma S and has even had a couple
playdates this week. I was able to go home for a few hours while Evan
rested and snuggle my boys.

I am off to get some rest myself now, finding the swoosh of the vent
is making me quite sleepy!

Xoxo, B

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you guys every second xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you guys and prayers are being lifted up! Take care!
    -Lulay Triplets Plus One

    ReplyDelete