Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A picture worth sharing!

Finally, a picture that brings tears of joy and not heartache. Ben and
I were able to both be with Evan this afternoon for his extubation. We
were prepared for the fact that he may not be ready and may need to be
intubated again due to his extra fluid that still needs to be shed,
but he held strong! When I left he was stable on a high flow nasal
cannula and resting comfortably! This picture makes me so happy as he
is finally starting to look like our baby again.

I am at home with my other littles tonight but my heart is with Evan
and Dad at the PICU. Knowing that Evan is off of the sedation meds and
on light pain meds makes me want to be there comforting him but I know
Ben is taking great care of him. The next week is going to be
difficult for Ben and I who will both be wishing that we could be in 2
places at once! We will continue to take one hour at a time as that is
all we can handle most times. Xoxo, B

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy he is extubated! He is on the road to a good recovery! Keep up the great work! This picture says 1000 words and will be one to always cherish! We cannot wait for him to be all better and for the summer to come so we can maybe get together for dinner or something with our 8 kids!
    CSHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture, what a strong and beautiful boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see Evan on the mend!

    ReplyDelete