Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Big day!

The best part of today was getting to finally hold Evan! It took a
team of people to get him in my arms, but so worth it! He also had
his eyes open and was quite alert for about 15 minutes prior. He was
able to show his pretty blue eyes to the PICU Dr, his surgeon, OT, RT,
and a few RNs! He checked them all out and approved :) They have
increased the lasix again today and he is peeing well. They also took
a step toward weening down his vent. He has gone from a rate of 40 to
25 meaning that he is basically breathing on his own with assistance.
When he loses more water they will ween down the "assistance" which is
right now a pressure setting of 12. As I held him I tried to convince
him to get better quick by promising him things for when he gets home-
like all the breast milk he wants and the prime spot of being
sandwhiched inbetween his bros while they sleep ;) Today was a good
day!!!

P and R were happy to get out of the house. I geared them all up and
made it to my work a bit early so I could meet Ben there and we could
feed them before taking them to OT in the clinic next door (my work is
in the most convienent spot for a nice pit stop after our commute into
Portland...we were able to feed, visit and stink up an exam room with
some diapers before heading to their appt ;) ) We left the appt with a
lot of homework to help the boys along with their gross and fine motor
skills, but overall they are looking great and on track for their
adjusted age.

We have another adventure of appts tomorrow but they will involve the
trips being together again for a visit! Looking forward to another
good day :)

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Great news on your getting to hold Evan and in seeing some serious positive movement for the Easy One! We will keep praying for steady improvement for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that Evan is taking some very positive turns. You are such a strong family in such a difficult time. It really sounds like Evan has an awesome team at the Hospital and with all goodies promised by Brooke for his speedy recovery, I'm sure he is going to be snuggling with the bros in the near future. By the way, those pictures of the little ones, and them with Brodie, and the artistic pics of the babies with the happy parents in the background are . . . . . . . . . to say it lightly . . . insanely cute!

    I'm sending all the positive thoughts I can your way. Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you got to hold your precious one! It brings tears to my eyes! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! SO happy for you! Keep up the good work Ben and Brooke - you are great parents. Thanks for letting a stranger share in your journey. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see improvements! I think Evan's modo is "slow and steady wins the race," you do call him easy E right? : )

    Thinking about you guys everyday!

    Pitts Trips

    ReplyDelete