Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Overstayed our welcome!

So, yesterday I was sad to hear we were leaving the PICU and now I can't wait to get the heck out!! We packed our bags yesterday waiting for the big move but it never happened. I had to get new sheets and remake the guest bed/bench last night :( We are still waiting for a bed to open up in the peds ward upstairs. For those that know me well know that I like things to go as planned ;) So once I had it set in my mind that we were moving, I accepted it, and now I want nothing more to move darn it! There are new really sick kids in the PICU that need the full attention that Evan once required while he has now changed to a "watch and see" status. These nurses are paid too much to sit next to his bed and watch and wait for something to happen! Although we love the fact that he is not currently in critical condition, it does take some getting use to to have to wait for a nurse to be available and for one to not always be there to answer your questions. Rounds were an all time record fast this morning too, I guess others have "checked" Evan out as well, not just me.

The surgeons did say that it is still too early to know how/if Evan is going to tolerate his feeds and he will be moved up to 10ml every 3 hours (not every hour like I thought yesterday). I thought last night he was very uncomfortable when I touched his belly and that made me nervous. The nurse reminded me that he hasn't had anything in there for 2 weeks and he might get gassy and uncomfortable at first without it meaning that he is not tolerating the milk. So we will keep truckin along hoping that we don't encounter any strictures or obstructions that could put as back at square one. I only want Evan to go through one more surgery and that is to put him back together, not to fix another part!

xo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment