Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dad's night with Easy

I was able to stay the night last night with Evan while mom went home
and did the overnight routine with Gma S and the other 2 boys. Brooke
left the ICU around 10pm last night and I sat quietly with my boy for
a while just talking to him and telling him all the hopes and dreams I
have for him and all the things we would be doing when he gets out of
here. I only got a few finger twitches and toe stretches, but I knew
he was listening and liked what he was hearing.  I let the nurse know
to wake me if there was any problems through the night and also in the
morning for rounds if i wasnt up.  I kissed him goodnight and then
settled in to the comfy bench/bed accommodations that they have here.
To say that I was tired and needed some sleep is putting it lightly. I
turned on the iPad and surfed a little and before I knew it it was 4am
and I had an iPad on my face and needed to use the bathroom. I checked
on Evan and laid back down and it was 8:15am the next time I woke.  I
was kind of upset assuming that I was never woke up for rounds because
Brooke said they were early around 6 or 7am. I talked to the nurse and
because it's Saturday they round later starting at 9am.  We have the
same day nurse today as yesterday and after looking for changes in
Evan's swelling myself I couldn't tell any difference, but he assures
me that he thinks he looks much better than yesterday.

Grey Anatomy then came by to do rounds at about 10:45am to do rounds
on him today. He still has a lot of leaking with his blood vessels and
a lot of fluid in his body. He is making progress but very slowly. The
chief who is his Dr again today said that "things that happen slowly
is good, things happen fast is bad". All of his stats are better today
than yesterday, his swelling is slightly down, his stoma's look good
and are looking a little more pink than dark, and his acid levels are
down. One of the main things that the Dr is looking at in terms of
the bowels that they behind and hope improve on their own is his acid
level and how much he is expelling which has gone down, meaning not
producing the levels he was before. He is also not as sedated today
and responding to light stimuli. All these things summed up means
that he is improving at a very nice slow pace.

OT then stopped by after rounds to show me some light range of motion
excercises that Brooke and I can do with him daily. I liked this
because I think we both have felt so helpless with his care and this
gives us some hands on things we can do to help him get better. When
we started I saw with even the slightest touch now he was responding.
He gripped my finger and actually assisted when doing some moves with
his legs and arms. He also briefly opened his eyes and looked around a
little which was beautiful to see and which he hadn't done since
Tuesday. All in all a pretty good night and great morning.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support from all our friends and
family! Couldn't go through this without you! We're all still
fighting the good fight!

Ben

--
:) Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Good news all around for ONE! Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben,
    You and Brooke are amazing and an inspiration! We are glad Evan is on the mend and will continue to pray for him!
    CSHHHH

    ReplyDelete