Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Prayer Request!

Our hearts are heavy tonight as many of our friends and family are being evacuated from their homes in Minot, ND today. The flooding of the Mighty Mouse River is rising at rates much faster than predicted, despite dike building efforts they are afraid that the levees won't hold through the night. Many homes are already sacrificed. My parents house (the house we were planning on moving into in 3 weeks) and Ben's brother's family home are being evacuated as I type. My heart goes out to them and everyone else who is being affected. I pray for their safety and was happy to just catch my Mom on the phone to hear she was packing up some last minute necessities before leaving her home for the night and probably not being allowed to return for many days. I was very nervous when I read that that the levee may burst tonight and sirens would sound  with reverse-911 procedures in place (her house was initially slated for mandatory evacuation by tomorrow night and I worried that they would try and stay one more night and it be too late- I am glad they changed her mandatory evac to this evening to be safe). Ben's brother and his family are out as well and will be staying safely at his parents house. There are many people praying for everyone in Minot right now and we know that there are many people working very hard to keep all safe.

http://www.minotnd.org/

http://www.kxnet.com/?setCity=min&

No comments:

Post a Comment