Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sludge is the culprit!?!

I got a phone call from the FDA today and they will be out on Monday to interview us and take our remaining Simply Thick product as it has been linked to 15 known cases of NEC in preemies, including 2 deaths! I am in shock right now, what if this happened to all 3 of my boys? Evan was started on the product first and took the largest amount since he ate the most.....

http://www.recalllawsuit.com/2011/05/simplythick-and-necrotizing-enterocolitis-nec/

I need to make sure P and R are ok since we just stopped feeding it to them around Easter, so scary!!

I am holding Evan now waiting to talk to a Dr. They pulled his NG tube today but still no toots :(

3 comments:

  1. Check out this article about the fomula. Scary stuff.

    http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/05/21/simplythick-link-to-illness-death-warns-the-fda/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! Could this product possibly be the reason E's issues came to be? You must be so beside yourselves, yet so very grateful to have been contacted. I sure will be praying for your little's and all of you! If there's anything I can do to help research, holler~cuz I'm a pretty darn resourceful web sleuther and will do all I can to help you. (((HUGS))) & Prayers...G'Marella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled upon this article and thought you may want to read it.

    http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/babiespregnancy/babies/article/995127--thickening-agent-leads-to-infant-deaths

    Hoping you're all doing well and enjoying this holiday weekend, albeit a super rainy one, here in the PNW :) LOVE your blog & your family! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete