Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tootie-mc-tooterson!!

Evan knew just how to make Momma happy after her disapointing morning
with the news from the FDA- he lit up my lap with some big toots!! I
had just finished questioning the RN- "what if no one is in the room
when he toots??" She said it was that important that even if we missed
it the first time we would have to have it documented before starting
feeds. Evan is in a great mood today and loved the ounce of pedialite
he got as a reward! He definately wanted more but they are starting
slow. I think he should be getting formula by dinner time if all goes
well, and dare I say maybe even home by Monday??? Go Evan!!

I was also (pleasently) shocked when the surgery resident who has been
assigned to Evan since his takedown surgery (never met her previously)
said that she cuddled with E this morning, whaaaa?? Then she asked if
she could come back and hold him after I left, huhhhhh?? Talk about a
180 from certain other residents I hope to forget very soon. I will
have to specifically mention Dr. S when I submit my feedback- she is
exactly what I have been saying needs to happen, they just need to
listen and communicate better (the holding was just a shocking bonus).
She hasn't always known the answers to what I ask and hasn't agreed
with some of my theories, but she listened, acknowledged that she
heard me and said she would pass on whatever I was asking/saying to
Dr. Z. It's not rocket science and I don't think our expectations of
the surgery team have been unrealistic, and luckily this last stint
here Dr. S proved that it is possible and hopefully if she is
recognized she won't lose it or get other bad habits rubbed off on her!!

Ben is also doing a bit better, hopefully he is on the stomach bug
mend and the rest of us will not be taken out! Uncle D took a cab to
our house when his plane landed last night and so I had his help for
the 2am and 6am feeds while Ben slept- that was great! It use to be so
easy to feed 2 at once but they have gotten squirlly lately and need
your full attention to take down the whole bottle. I hope they pass
this phase soon!

I got an update while typing this and taking a break to feed E again
(yes, he is lovin it!) that they will start formula soon and he may
come home TOMORROW!!! That would be a miracle!!! Dr. S ROCKS! And the
fabulous nurses that have grown to love E too, glad I am having a
happy ending this go-around :)

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. What good news! I'm still at the hospital with grandma and there's a baby crying down the hall, sounds like he's got a nasty cold :( hut gram is sleeping right through it ha. Keep up the good work,E! Uncle Danny admitted to me that diapers weren't that scary so now its time for all 3 at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have not been up on the latest. I am praying for Evan. Praying he comes home soon! I'm so sorry that this happened to Evan. This news about the thickening formula is very upsetting. I pray P&R will have no side affects from it. Keep us posted! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete