Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1st Stop

We made it to our first destination, Hood River, OR, at about 2pm. We purposely planned a quick trip out of town so we could enjoy some R&R :) I only had to make my way to the back of the van to attempt to soothe babies 7 times in 60 miles, ugh! M&M took the big boys in one car and Ben and I with the trips in the van pulling a small uhaul with the necessities. We booked a beautiful 2 bedroom suite right on the river for night 1 of our road trip home, we figured we deserved a treat after all of our hard work (not to mention the hard work that awaits us once we arrive in Minot). It's now after 9pm and we have had a great time enjoying our big balcony overlooking the river. We have taken lots of pics that I will post when I finally get access to upload them. I didn't want to pack baby baths and the trips were quite ripe, so mama put on her swimsuit and Ben brought them to me in assembly line fashion to the nice bathtub. I have to say, I loved it! The boys loved it so much more than usual too, it also really saves the backache from bending over the tub for 3 baths ;) I then got out and let the big boys have their turn, they were sure to get their cars really clean too!

We are of course tempted to stay here and enjoy some more beautiful weather, but the show must go on. We are lucky to have been busy enough over the last few days to keep our minds off of the pending tragedy set to start back home Wednesday evening, 2 days before we arrive. They are saying that major flooding is inevitable and that the levees built will not hold back the water level that is headed that way from Canada. Our families have been working around the clock clearing out the homes in the valley that will be affected. The house we are moving into and M&M's house may get water to the 2nd floors, we can't even imagine. We are going to be in contact with the driver of our current truck and he will most likely be delivering our load into a 3 car garage at my aunt and uncles rather than the home we were looking forward to our fresh start in. There are thousands of people being affected by this but we can't help but ask when we are ever going to catch a break. Thank goodness for a great support system and the best family to get through these difficult times!

Hopefully I will have some moments of silent on the next leg of our trip tomorrow to upload some pics- it will probably be sketchy since I am doing it from my iPhone, but at least I can share some of our chaos!

Xoxo

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment