Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, June 24, 2011

What next

We have found ourselves not being able to talk about much more than the devastation back home, even though we say we are done talking about it, it seems to be all consuming. By the looks of it the water will be to the ceiling of our house. We are questioning whether we made the right decision by still moving when we could have called it off at the last minute. I don't think we will ever know the answer. We thought our house was too small for our family and now it may be many, many months before we have a house to call home again. The last 6 months has been the toughest time of our life and we can't imagine it getting any worse. We need our boys to stay healthy through this all as I have heard that if their is power issues that hospital services may be moved to surrounding towns even though the hospital itself isn't flooded. The only thing that is keeping us going right now is everybody's good health- Amen!!

The boys (and the parents) are ready for this trip to be over! Hauling too many bags and beds in and out of hotel rooms is getting old and the trips are quite sick of their carseats. We are staying in Miles City tonight, I know- woot woot!, and will be in Minot Saturday evening. Matt and family will continue to stay with gma and gpa Waind and our family will be staying with my aunt and uncle. They have a wet bar in the basement where we will set up camp so we hope to be as small of a burden as possible.

I look forward to the day when I can have happy posts! I hope the house will be salvageable and hope that we can get the help we need to rebuild it. My mom has been amazing through all of this, even when she knew she was leaving her home for the last time in a while; she kept her sense of humor by apologizing to mentor tracking mud into the house while they were removing kitchen appliances. Even though their plan all along was to move into their "new" house so we could have hers, I know she is going to have a really hard time seeing our family home washed away. All of our families and friends have been great and have pulled together to help each other out, we love you all.

I am just rambling now :) 249 miles left our trip today- tick to ck tick tock!!!

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. My heart is breaking for you guys. I"m so sorry for all that you and your family has had to go through.

    ReplyDelete