Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Old Stomping Grounds, grrrrrrrr

I think I am still in a little bit of shock sitting in an all to
familiar hospital room, this time with my Brody-oh-yo-yo. I relived
the nightmare of being at the peds office with Brody and being told
that an ambulance was being called for us. Why do my boys go down hill
so fast and scare the bejesus out of me like this! Once again I
watched a poor little sick boy get much sicker, very fast. It started
with vomiting and a fever Sunday night but continued to get much worse
this morning as we watched 2 sores (that we thought were eczema or
psoriasis like his dear old mom) grow and start to look worrisome. We
couldn't get him to keep Tylenol or even a teaspoon of water down so
his 102 temp was taking a toll on his little body. I got even more
scared when Brody seemed to have a small seizure in the office while
Dr. MP was calling the hospital. I think that was probably the point I
really broke down and and started asking if there was possibly
anything else that could be thrown our way. The initial thought of
meningicococcal bacteria infection is no longer at the top of the list
after many looking closer at his rash and going over the timeline of
illness, rash and face sores. They are now thinking some kind of
bacteria (to be determined from blood cultures over the next day or
so) either started in his blood and landed on his skin (and causing
the sores on his face) or started as a skin infection and traveled to
his blood. Ugh. I don't quite get it all, I just hope they're right
and it's not the menigi-whatever and that the antibiotics he is
getting will heal him and today will be the roughest day before things
start to turn around. They say that we got him in early and did
everything right but we can't help but think we could have got him in
sooner (Ben was half way to the ER last night at midnight before
turning around because B kept saying he was fine) but maybe if we
would have went in early like before it would have been missed and we
would have been sent home and the story would be much different,
similar to Evan's rapid decline. (I am glad I just talked my way
through that! Phew, I think our parent-senses were right on and B is
getting taken care of)

It's pretty hard watching him in so much pain today, we are trying to
distract him with the movie Cars and his favorite toys. The
anti-nausea meds have helped and he is keeping a bit down now. Ben is
going to stay here tonight and I need to head home soon and relieve
some help (thanks Denise and fellow trip mom, Angela!! They answered
my frantic calls and came through for us in our time of need and we
are very grateful). Ben's mom is on a plane as I type and we are all
thankful and very excited to see her.

We are hanging in there....barely.

--
:) Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment