Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's tough to stay positive!

I know we said we were going to, but dang it's tough to do! Life is chaotic right now to say the least! It was sad today having to help my mom and Steve re-evacuate from the storage area that was unfortunately flooded (I think from ground water). They (and many others) have been worked to the bone and I hate to see their pale desperate faces- breaks my heart. Even though it was horrible I was happy I was there to help for a few hours at least. I am not sure how much more our family can take- do I sound like a broken record or what!?!?

We are fortunate to have the basement at my Aunt and Uncles house, we are so grateful. We are much better off than many people, but I couldn't help but shed a tear as I fell asleep last night. I never thought the 6 of us would be sleeping in one bedroom at the same time and not even because of sick kids crawling into bed with us! We are getting very cozy to say the least.

To top things off Minot now also has a boiled water mandate in place due to a water treatment contaminant as a result of flooding problems. Like we don't have enough to worry about and now we can't use plain tap water for anything and have to boil everything! This brings cleaning bottles for triplets to whole new level! We can't even give them a bath without heating sterile water first, ugh. Please oh please don't let any of boys get any kind of gastroenteritis from this mess- I won't be able to manage that into our mix right now!

I am thankful we are surrounded by family and am praying for peace to come our way sooner than later.

On a positive note, it isn't against the law to talk on your cell phone while driving here! I know blue tooth is the safest, but it feels so good to be able to answer a quick phone call if needed!

Hopefully we can get our computer set up soon so I can do some real posts with pics and all :)

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Waind family! Boy have you guys been in our prayers. Especially when we see what you're going to on the news! Pray you are safe and I sooo feel for you about the boiling water part! aggghhh! Will you be staying at your Aunt and Uncle's house for awhile? Hugs and more hugs coming your way!

    ReplyDelete