Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Waterbugs!

Like I mentioned, we were lucky enough to be able to spend Saturday afternoon in the pool at Jaxzon's Birthday Party. I am bummed we didn't get any pics of the birthday boy though :( That's what happens when you have 4 littles to keep an eye on. Ben managed to snap a few while I was in the pool (with the help of Jax's mommies- what great friends we have :) )

 Again, Riley preferred to keep his distance and chill poolside in his chair. We let him relax this time and didn't force him in the pool- he was content here for quite some time. Jax's Nonnie (sp? not sure how to spell "nah-nee" as we have "nana's and gma's 'round here) helped by moving his chair to keep him in the shade and he never even flinched. Ri has been in quite the funk lately. Long lost is our silly, outspoken, adventurous 3rd triplet (4th child). He has become whiny, clingy and shy. Gasp!! I hope he snaps out of it soon- I much prefer rebel to cling-on now that I have experience with both.

 Payton and Evan did good in their floaties, they were passed amongst us mommies in the pool. Evan would attempt to dive forward when he would lose his car overboard and Payton was kept occupied by the plastic fishies and only choked down the pool water a few times.

 Brody REALLY excelled in only one week (from our last pool party). He was swimming around on his own with his "puddle jumper" suit. This made me happy. At times I (or I should say, we, as in Ben and I) feel really guilty about the lack of one on one time our boys get, especially Brody. If he was still a singleton or had just one other sibling, there are so many more things he would he/they would be exposed to by now. I can't believe the triplets first time in the water was at 18 months. I can't believe B's first dip of the summer didn't happen until August. Why is it that B is four now and still doesn't have riding a bike/trike down? Or color within the lines? Whenever we start down this path of discussion we try and remind ourselves to not be so hard on our parenting- we are doing the best we can within our abilities (mentally and physically). Our boys are loved, healthy and mostly happy! I don't think we are creating any setbacks with them that will last beyond these early few years- and they will (without a doubt) continue to be loved and be surrounded with friends in each other that we never could have provided if we wouldn't have been shocked blessed with multiples.

 Sunday morning "horse rides" from big brother! Riley and Brody were squealing so loud, I wish this was a video.

 Brody wanted me to catch all of his dance moves (again, should have been on video), doesn't he have great hair??!? Sidenote: it usually looks like a hot mess and I really want to get it cut, but sadly we haven't found the time.

This is about the cutest 4 year old big brother I have ever seen!!

All in all it was another good weekend, and even a bit less busy as most. I think we are resting up for our visitors from ND in 2 weeks. My mom, brother and his girlfriend will be here for a week after Labor Day! We are all excited and have missed each other lots. I think we may even sneak in an overnight/day-trip while we have super-grandma here in charge of the boys. It's been 19 months since Ben and I have not woken up to the boys in the morning (not counting the NICU stay).We are more than ready (and I'm not ashamed to admit that). If I wasn't so busy at work I would consider asking grandma to take on more than 1 night! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment