Pages

Our life with a toddler and identical triplet boys!

Life with Big Big Brother and Identical Triplet Boys!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Following through...

I have been successful so far this week with following orders and making 30 minutes in my schedule to go for a run. Now, it's only been 2 days but still- I am pretty proud of myself! First, because I hate running- I just don't think I am good at it. I have always wanted to be a "runner" but have never succeeded. My lack of time to go to a yoga studio these days might just be the final straw that changes this pattern. It is also a pain- to change out of my work clothes and change into running clothes for a short period of time only to change back and carry on with my day. Thanks to a staff bathroom by a back door to the clinic I am making this annoyance less of an issue. I also have motivation because there is a great park across the street and also a neighborhood that is filled with some pretty gardens for eye candy. I was rewarded by a big "free" sign next to a pile of succulents from a gardener doing some thinning out. You can't beat free and I am no dummy so I made sure to circle back after work and load up with some pretties for myself! I love succulents because I can keep them alive I indoors and out- not the same for most other plants that need attention that I don't have to give. I know I will have to alter my routine and even have hopes of having an early morning run in my near future to start the day off right (dare I even say that I may bike to work at some point!!??) For now, I am celebrating my small accomplishment :) I even rewarded myself (and Ben) with a yummy homemade curry dish for dinner tonight....I love how a bit of exercise for yourself gives you the energy you need for the other little small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment